- Where: The Hilton Hotel, 3003 Corporate West Drive, Lisle
- Time: Friday evening through noon Saturday
- Commitment: $55 per person (double or triple room) / $90 (single room).
Retreat is free for those not staying overnight.
- Contact: Aaron Zoeller (AZoeller@scccombustion.com; 630-818-5123)
We invite you to join us as The Rev. Dr. Dean Wenthe leads an evening and morning lecture – The Truth of Beauty and the Beauty of Truth: An Incarnational and Sacramental Reading of Sacred Scripture.
This is a great opportunity to bring your friends and introduce them to St. John! Appetizers, drinks and dinner on Friday and a private breakfast buffet on Saturday are included.
Please make checks payable to: St John Lutheran Church under the Memo “Men’s Retreat.” Checks can be dropped off at the first floor reception desk or the church office. (Don’t let the cost stop you; scholarships are available.)
- Place: Hosted in homes
- Time: 9:30–11:00 a.m.
- Commitment: 1.5 hours or as long as you can stay or play
- Contact: Rachel Strutzel
Me and My Shadow is a chance for moms to chat while the kids play! Upcoming dates are February 18, March 4 and 18, April 15 and 29, May 13 and 27. Contact Rachel for the location or if you have questions.
- Place: The Commons
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Commitment: 2 hours
- Contact: Brenda Douglass
Book club will not meet in March. Our April selection is The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. If you are interested in receiving book club e-mails and updates, please contact Brenda and she will send you an e-mail invitation to join our page at www.bookmovement.com
• Tuesday, April 18—The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
• Tuesday, May 13—The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
• Tuesday, June 10—The Story Teller by Jodi Piccoult
Listen online Sunday mornings at 8:30 a.m. (broadcast through the WETN-FM Wheaton College Radio website), or listen on the air at 88.1 FM. Audio of the service is also simultaneously broadcast on WETN-TV: Wheaton Cable Channel 72, Warrenville and Winfield Cable Channel 17, and West Chicago Cable Channel 10.